Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Don't get conned, get Smart.

You know, I took some time off and it seems the entire world went to hell in a hand-basket. I am posting a warning to potential victims of fake debt collection con-artists.
Angry con artist throwing monte (with suckers) tells me off for stealing his photons, Brick Lane, London, UK 2.JPGImage by gruntzooki via Flickr
Watch out for these red flags. In my case the guy with a low voice that is hard to hear will leave a message. He asks you to call back regarding an outstanding debt.

He works with a girl who picks up the phone only after you hear a message that seemingly is legitimate from NCO Financial. Don't be fooled -this is a hoax.

How do I know? The same couple scammed me a couple of years back on an outdated bill I had for MCI which I had already paid. They threatened me and I caved. Don't be like me. These guys are crooks! The only reason I caught on is that I recognized the same players -these scum forgot they robbed me already!

The current phone number they are using is 1-877-273-3495.
(I wrote a note about them on the callferret.com website -http://www.callferret.com/877-273-3495.html).

There are plenty of scam artists out there waiting to rob you. Do not give your information online. Let them send you information. If anyone threatens you that is illegal even if you have a legal debt no one can harass you with repeated phone calls (send this letter -http://www.ucan.org/drupal/money/banking_finance_credit_cards/stop_debt_collector_harassment).

Know all of your rights before you get scammed, conned, tricked or coerced into providing a credit card over the phone. If invalid information is placed on your credit report this can be corrected if one takes the proper measures to document all communications.

No comments: